Monday, May 28, 2012

Happy Memorial Day and an Update

Just a quick update so you know I'm not dead.  Ha Ha, probably not so funny after my whole cancer post.  I had a lumpectomy and sentinel node biopsy two weeks ago.  I only had to stay in the hospital over night and was really glad I got to come home the next day.  It was my 42nd birthday and not the most exciting birthday of my life.  

I had a follow-up with the surgeon last Friday and he took out the drain they had left.  He said I would feel a slight tug.  CLEARLY he has never had a drain left in his breast because it felt like he was pulling the muscles out of my chest.  I told him as much.  Sister-in-law took me and said they took out like 12 inches of drain.  No wonder it hurt like hell.  The reports were as good as they could be.  All nodes tested were cancer free and there were good margins.  I go to the medical oncologist on Tuesday to find out what treatments we are going to do.  The hot flashes are about to freeze man and beast to death here at the house.  I'm moving around a lot better and it gets better everyday.  Still wear out pretty fast but considering I had two surgeries a week apart I'm pleased with the way things are going.  

I have several projects I want to get going on so feeling better is a good thing.  The Bug Eaters are here for the holiday and it's great having friends and family here.  Being a military family with a long history of veterans in our family tree I'm very thankful for those who serve or have served our country this memorial day.

Here is a picture with my favorite soldier LB.  This was at a Dining Out we went to on Saturday before I started my latest medical adventures.  I'm glad we had such a good time and got home before things went to hell in a hand basket.

What are you doing this holiday weekend?  Something fun I hope!

LOVE, LOVE, KISS, KISS!
SNM

No comments:

Post a Comment