Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Yum Yum Yellow!

I've always wanted adirondack chairs but they are SO expensive around here.  There is a Yard and Garden around the corner that has them in all these yummy colors but they are $600 EACH.  I'm sorry, that is as crazy as a sprayed roach.

When cruising the Home Depot a couple of weeks ago I spied these beauties.  They were kinda boring.  Anyone can have white chairs.  I don't want white chairs.  No sirree Bob! I wanted Yum Yum Yellow.  I want people to KNOW my chairs are yellow.


 And this was the price.  SCORE!!!!

So what's a girl to do?  Spray paint baby!  I used Krylon Fusion for plastic in Sunbeam.  It worked like a charm.  Covered great, dried fast, insto-presto Yum Yum Yellow chairs.  I had the little white table sitting in a box in the garage.  I got it at Lowe's last fall on clearance for $5.  (Can't beat that price with a stick.)  The pillows are Karma Living that I got from Joss & Main last time they had them on sale.  I love the crewel embroidery work on them and I certainly wouldn't do all that work for what they cost.  I love them in the chairs.  The bird house was made by a church in Pascagoula, MS from items salvaged from the church after Hurricane Katrina.  Sorry my coffee is in there.  I was sitting in the chairs when I decided to take some pictures.  This is the morning when they are in direct sun, but after about three in the afternoon they are in total shade and so pleasant to sit in and watch the world go by.

Someone should warn LB that there is a bunny stalking him.  The bunny is named Bob after my Daddy.  It's a long story I'll have to tell you one day.  I recently got Bob at an auction.  Isn't he fabu?

I hope you love my chairs as much as I do.  Spray paint is magic I tell you!

Have you transformed anything with paint recently?

(I wasn't compensated by any company mentioned in this post.  I just like their stuff.)

LOVE, LOVE, KISS, KISS!
SNM


 UndertheTableandDreaming

No comments:

Post a Comment