Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Quick as you can....

Recently while in Atlanta I was looking for something to pass the time and I found a yarn shop and picked up something to knit.   As usual, I couldn't stop after I knitted that yarn up.  Saturday I found a fabulous shop on the Square in Canton, MS.  P is for Primitive is a great store, and they are super helpful and friendly.  I picked this groovy yarn up and the owner showed me how to create something with it quick, quick, quick!

Trendsetter Yarn Bodega is this unique yarn and it comes in beautiful colors.  This color way is 418 Amazon Jungle.  My project is done with color way 414 Mardi Gras.

I used these size 15 needles to knit up my creation.  I usually prefer bamboo needles but my bamboo size 15 have another project on them so I used these.

After a really quick knitting session this scarf is what I created.  It's so fluffy I could die!  Okay not really, but I just love that quote from the movie Despicable Me.

This is a close up of the actual knitting in the scarf.  It goes so fast you wouldn't believe it.  I made this scarf in a couple of hours one afternoon.  I love any project that turns out beautifully in a short amount of time.  Such an instant gratification kinda girl.

Unfortunately it is already in the 80's here so I guess it will be a while before I get to wear this lovely.  None the less I really enjoyed making it.  As usual my ADD is at it again and I'm doing all kinds of projects.  Did you get any projects finished recently even if it's something you won't be using for a while?

Love, Love, Kiss, Kiss!
SNM

4 comments:

  1. I love the texture and the fabulous colors in this scarf! I can't sew, knit, crochet ... anything but seeing something this amazing makes me want to learn!
    So glad you joined our Cinch party!
    I am on WP so don't have GFC anymore - would love to follow. Are you planning on adding Linky followers to your sidebar?
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ANYONE can knit this scarf. It's the thread that does all the work. I can't crochet at all, not even on a dare. It looks like a hot mess when I try. I think it's because I'm left handed.
      I just added Linky. I had forgotten all about the fact that GFC was going away for those on WP. I'm slowly learning my way around the land of Blogs.

      Delete
  2. So very pretty and soft! And am loving those colors ...

    Thanks so much for linking it up at our "It's a Cinch" party!

    :)

    Linda
    www.itallstartedwithpaint.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is beautiful...I've never seen yard like that. Thanks so much for sharing this at our party!
    Karah

    ReplyDelete