Monday, March 26, 2012

Forever and a Day!

Good Lord it's been forever and a day since I posted anything.  A month is way to much stuff to cover in one post so I'll just say sorry and move on.  I don't know what I've done the last month other than obviously not post.  I have done a couple of little projects that I'll post.  Maybe they'll make up for me being gone so long.  Probably not but I bet you'll forgive me anyway.

Spring has really sprung around here.  As a matter of fact it actually has sprung right into summer.  It's over eighty degrees today and that is at least ten degrees above the point I start to whine about how hot it is.  I do NOT like the heat. (I know, a girl shouldn't live in Mississippi who doesn't like heat.)  Since it went from cool, it never got cold this year, to hot all the spring activity with the plants is in full show.  Here's a couple of shots in my yard. Which never, ever gets any attention from us.

This is the Azalea that is right outside my front door.  It is just covered up in blooms this year.  It really is very pretty looking like a big ole pink puffball right by the front walk.

This is the Bradford Pear that is right by the driveway.  It's an old tree and really huge.  I don't know how much longer we'll have it but it really puts on a show in the fall and spring.  The blooms are so pretty and delicate looking.  What you can't tell from a picture is this thing STINKS!  They are so pretty when they bloom and so stinky you can't get close enough to appreciate it.


And this last one doesn't look like much.  Just some little branches with some rather lackluster blooms.  But what it lacks now it will make up for in the summer when it is covered in fat juicy blueberries.  The plants really don't look like much ever but it's great to go out and eat something while standing in your yard.  Something that you grew from a tiny plant into food.

Has spring already sprung where you are or is winter still battering you?

Love, Love, Kiss, Kiss!
SNM


No comments:

Post a Comment