Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Dill Pickle is Better than Terra Cotta.

When we bought this house every wall was covered in wallpaper.  Wallpaper with LOTS of flowers.  Big Flowers, little flowers, pink flowers, blue flowers.  FLOWERS.  I'm not a flower girl, I'm a color girl.  We covered the Waverly flowers in the kitchen with Terra Cotta.  I loved the color.  I don't love it anymore.  Today I love Dill Pickle.  The kitchen gets no natural light and even with the bright Terra Cotta it always seemed like a dark room.  Not anymore.  Dill Pickle to the rescue.  You've seen a little of it in previous pictures but here we are in the process of change.
LB had to take over cutting while I took pictures.

This is the view of the breakfast nook when you are standing in the kitchen.  You can't see the new window seat for all the crap on the table.  The little spots of seafoam green is the foam that now is covered in drop cloth with pillows on it.

LB trying not to be ugly to me.  The man is a dead game sport.  When I said I hated everything in this house he looked at me and asked what I wanted to change and did I want to start right then.  I think I'll have to keep him.

There's the kitchen in progress.  I'm still working on it but I hope to have mostly finished pictures soon.  The painting is all completed.  I'm trying to decide if I want to tile the backsplash.  Can't decide.  Still contemplating what's going on the floor.  We'll finish it sometime this lifetime.  Is there something painted that you loved the color of but now can't stand?  What room is your paint brush being used in now?

Love, Love, Kiss, Kiss!
SNM

No comments:

Post a Comment