Monday, April 16, 2012

Willing to suffer for beauty...

This is one of my recent auction finds.  I have only seen three of these ever and with this one I now own two of three.  My first looks just like it did the day I got it.  It was in MUCH better shape and cost a lot more.  I thought it was a great deal for $125.  I only got this one because it was so pretty cheap I couldn't leave it behind.  It is a unique piece for $35.  Even though the Annie Sloan chalk paint is in the picture I don't plan to paint this piece.  The wood is the only thing in good shape.

 Here's another view where you can see the fabulous carving on the sides.  As you can see the fabric has seen many better days.


 Here it is tonight when I quit.  I got everything off the back and started here on the sides and the front.  Why in the world do old chairs have so many staples???  I swear I've already bled to the chair gods and pulled out a million and I have at least a million more to go.


I stopped tonight because of what's going on in the next picture.  I guess the fine fuzz on the chair is actually cat hair.  Holy crap Batman!  I'm seriously allergic to cats.  I realized after leaning on it I was getting hives all over.  They started on my arms near my elbows.  That's what this is a picture of.  They now cover my arms.  Yippy!   I went and took a shower and lots of Benadryl.  Tomorrow when I work on it I'll be wearing long sleeves for certain.


I will continue.  A girl has to suffer for beauty.  Or so I keep telling myself so I don't scratch.  I REALLY WANT TO SCRATCH!!!  Please let me scratch my arm, my leg, SOMEWHERE.

The following is the fabric I'm going to use.  It's by Premier Fabrics which is made right here in good ole Mississippi.  I really like doing business with local companies.  They have a store right around the corner from the house which puts WAY too much fabulous fabric dangerously close to the house.  I had picked out other fabric that was a cool France print with French writing and the Tour de Eiffel.  It's out of stock and they didn't know when it will be back in stock and I was impatient.  So I decided to go with this.  I know it's ultra modern but I like the juxtaposition of a victorian chair with ultra modern fabric.  Let's hope it looks like I want.  I'm using the Greek Key on the back, the grey for the welting and the zig zag everywhere else.  I think it's going to be groovy.


So have you ever suffered to complete a project?  I may actually take a little Benadryl before I start tomorrow.  My skin will thank me.

LOVE, LOVE, KISS, KISS!
SNM 

No comments:

Post a Comment