Monday, April 9, 2012

The Bunny

I hope the Easter bunny was good to everyone and that Easter was celebrated with those you love.  LB and I had a really nice Easter.  We had a late Easter lunch with Nelson and MAS.  The food was great and so was the company.

I did find a little time to do a craft or two and several of them showcased bunnies.  I actually collect rabbits.  Nelson has given me a rabbit in some form or another for as long as I can remember.  Some of the rabbits don't actually look like a rabbit.  The year we bought this house my rabbit took the form of two Hunter ceiling fans.  It's the tradition that makes the rabbits special.

This little crafty piece was something I worked on this weekend.

I bought the little frame at an estate sale for a $1 earlier this year.  It had a paper picture that looked like maybe it came from a magazine glued in and it was a dark wood.  The frame is real wood so I figured one day I'd find the right little thing for it.  I slapped some Annie Sloan French Linen paint on it and waxed it with clear and dark wax.  I really like the way it turned out.  The bunnies are from a paint chip sample, Valspar to be exact, that I punched with a bunny shaped punch.  I popped them out with a popdot and glued the little pom pom on for the cotton tail.  I saw a canvas done with a Martha Stewart punch and pink paint chips online somewhere and liked the idea but I wanted something that would work year round.  While looking for something else I found that I had an Emagination bunny punch and the rest is history.  This paint chip was once colors I was considering for the family room that didn't make the cut.  I'm sure glad I kept them!

So we had a great Easter weekend.  Did you and your family do anything special?

Love, Love, Kiss, Kiss!
SNM

No comments:

Post a Comment