Wednesday, February 15, 2012

A little shopping trip.

Unfortunately this post isn't about how fabulous and amazing the counter tops look.  As a matter of fact life stepped in and I haven't even started on them.  They are at the top of the list and I hope to have some progress pictures to show you before this week is out.  

I ended up with a stomach virus over the weekend.  I just had to embrace the SUCK!  (LB loves to say that.)  I did go to a great auction Saturday morning before I got sick.  It was FREEZING and the auction was held outside.  I didn't get what I went for, there was a lady there with no financial restrictions who liked everything I wanted, but I ended up with some cool treasures.  Once I get them cleaned up I'll take some pictures.

Monday I started a new FULL-TIME job.  I know people work, so that's no big deal, but this is the first full-time job I've had in over 12 years.  It's a great opportunity and I've worked part-time for this company for 10 years so I know I'll be working with great people.  I am still having to get used to new hours and not staying up all night working on projects.  I'll tell you more about the job after I get my feet wet a little more.

Since I have no new projects because life happened this week I thought I would share a little shopping trip I went on last week when we were in Atlanta.

I love, love, love IKEA and wish there was one closer to us than Atlanta.  While LB was in meetings I went first thing Monday morning.  Just looking at this picture makes my heart pitter patter.

I think this light is so fabulous and I look at it every time I'm in the IKEA.  I wish I could figure out someplace in the house to hang it.  It's seriously huge and just doesn't work with our ceiling height.

I normally don't think the rooms they have put together in the store work on every level but I absolutely adore this whole room.  From the orange walls to the rug on the floor I wanted to buy everything in here.  Of course if I was going to buy a whole room I know I would end up changing something or thinking why buy that when I could make something just like it.  But for the sake of argument I love this room.  I like the low bed with the gallery wall above it best.

This is actually a big square knob.  I wanted to buy them for a piece of furniture in the foyer.  It is an old oak dresser that was my great grandmother's at one time.  It lived in my mother's garage for years and looked like absolute hell.  When LB and I were first married he refinished it for me and we have had it in every house we have owned.  I thought these super modern knobs would look so cool on an oak piece that is over 100 years old.  Of course as I stood there drooling over them I couldn't remember how many knobs the piece had.  I thought, looked to see if I had a picture of it on my phone, walked away, went back and finally took this picture.  I'm glad I didn't buy the number I was thinking about because I would have been 2 short and that would have griped me to no end.  We are heading that way again in May and if they still have them I'm buying them.  And I know exactly how many I need now.  I did think it was cool how I got my reflection in the picture.  Didn't even realize that when I took the picture.

So now I've truly blathered on about basically nothing everyday life.  I'm hoping to start working on the counter tops tomorrow.  It's much warmer so I think the paint will work better anyway.  I won't have to turn the heat up way higher than we keep it to paint so I guess waiting was a good thing.  Happy hump day!

Love, Love, Kiss, Kiss!
SNM

No comments:

Post a Comment