Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Auction, Auction, What Came From the Auction!

Saturday we went to an auction and found some neat prizes for great prices.  I certainly wasn't looking for, or needed, any of these but they were such great deals I couldn't pass them up.  I got a couple of other things but I'm saving them to show another day when I have better light.

I just LOVE this lamp.  It is so sparkly and fabulous.  The hanging crystals around it are really long.  I'd say at least 7 inches long.  So pretty and sparkly.  SHINY!  It had this little bitty sad black and white shade that made the whole lamp look awkward.  This was just a shade I had hanging around the house.  Hence the plastic still on it.  No, we don't leave the plastic on lamp shades around here.  We are heathens but not that bad.

Here's a closer shot of those fabulous crystals.

I got six of these glasses.  I didn't have an idea of who made them but they were pretty, pretty.  I have now learned they are the Pied Piper pattern produced by Heisey from 1922 - 1942.  Bet if they could talk they would have quite a story.

Here's a close up of the detail.  I literally unwrapped them from the newspaper and shot these pictures before I lost all daylight.  You can see how grungy they are.  I'll have to take some pictures once they are clean but you get the idea.

This is a Fairy Light in Fenton Hobnail Milk Glass.  I don't collect Milk Glass but this was so sweet I couldn't leave it behind.  You put a tealight inside it so it glows.  I'll see if I can't get a picture of that for the future also.  I know I suck.  Why didn't I think of all these pictures before I posted?

Last but not least is this sweet little dresser powder jar.  ( I had to research what it was too.)  The bottom is cut glass and the top is a decorated celluloid and I'd guess the metal is brass.  The metal isn't perfect but I think that leads to some of the charm of the piece.

So those are a couple of my recent finds that I'm currently in love with.  Have you found anything fabulous on the cheap recently?

Love, Love, Kiss, Kiss!
SNM

No comments:

Post a Comment