Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The joys of home ownership...

I came home for lunch with LB today.  It was great.  The following was not.


I wasn't sure what happened.  There was a loud popping sound and metal twisting and this is what resulted.  Kill me, kill me now.

Not sure what that wire is hanging out but I know enough to know it shouldn't be there.

LB had already left the house when I opened the garage door.  I blew up called his phone several times, like SEVEN times, and of course he didn't answer.  I wanted to stomp my foot and scream, but I didn't.  What to do, what to do?
Look, not only is the door screwed up, you can see that there is a bunch of crap piled up in the garage and the test trim paint color adds lots of class.

I called the land line at his office and left a message that he needed to turn around and come back home.  When he got here he wasn't nearly as discombobulated as I was.  He went to work and got to bending and fixing and the door mostly looks like it looked before.  I swear mechanical things just bend to his will.  

It's still broken, a ginormous spring that helps bring the door up snapped, but it can be fixed.  I'll be calling the garage door doctor to get it fixed because it isn't a simple home repair fix.  I was only 45 minutes late getting back to the office.  I think this garage door hates me.  Ah, the joys of home ownership...

Love, Love, Kiss, Kiss!
SNM

No comments:

Post a Comment