Tuesday, January 31, 2012

I can't believe I did it!

When LB and I started working on the kitchen I decided we, actually he, needed to build a window seat in the bay window.  This window originally looked out on the backyard but now it looks out on my disaster studio.  I realized this area had become a big dumping ground and the space was TOTALLY wasted.  Once he built it I decided I could make a cushion and upholster it.  Sure I could.  Absolutely.  I obviously was suffering from a mental breakdown.  I showed you a couple of shots of the process early this week and here it is.  I did it!  This is how it started.  A wonky cut piece of foam.

 Here it is!  Isn't it purty???  I did learn that pulling fabric over foam sucks!  It doesn't pull.  I worked on it a little more today to get it on there smooth.

 Just look at that professional piping.  I made 40 feet of it.  FORTY!

 How about that zipper?  It is 60 inches long.  I didn't know you could buy them so that you can make them any length you want.  I know now.

So now I need pillows for the back, new floor and rugs.  So the kitchen is getting close to being done.  Not sure I can convince LB to do anything with the floor but I'm hoping.  I have an idea on the pillows.  If it works out I'll share but it could turn into an epic fail.  

Have you ever flown by the seat of your pants and made something you had no clue how to do when you started?  If not I highly recommend it.  When you finish and it isn't an epic failure it is the best feeling.

Love, Love, Kiss, Kiss!
SNM

No comments:

Post a Comment