Monday, January 16, 2012

New look, old item...

So the other day I showed you a table I've had hanging around the house. (here) Well I finally finished working on it this weekend and got some pictures.  I've moved it around and still haven't found it's forever home, and I'm not certain that will be here at the house, but here are some pictures I took so you could see how pretty it looks now.
I love the light and dark wax on this piece.  I think it gives it great depth and texture.  Great depth, doesn't that sound fancy?

 The above is a close up of the gilding wax.  I used both gold and silver to give it texture.  I didn't put either on with a heavy hand and I love the luster it adds.  Just a little touch of whimsy...

 There were a couple of rough patches on this piece and I left lots of brush texture.  I just roughed it up a little for a slightly distressed look.

I added incandescent light in this picture because let's face it, that is how it most often looks in a house. It's interesting to me how this color Paris Grey, by Annie Sloan, takes on color in different light sources. 

I dig the way this cut glass ashtray looks on it.  I know no one smokes anymore but I like the way ashtrays look.  I guess because when I was a kid people smoked so they always had ashtrays.  Do you like anything that isn't really used anymore?

Love, Love, Kiss, Kiss!
SNM

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, that is awesome, I love the aqua detail...and just the right touch of distressing!

    Thank you so much for linking to the challenge.
    Karah @ thespacebetweenblog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love everything about it! Oh, and I'm your first Google Friend Connect follower! Ha!

    Thanks so much for linking up to our Impossibilities challenge!

    Linda
    itallstartedwithpaint@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete