Thursday, January 5, 2012

Funky Fruit to Fantastic

These two fans were here when we bought this house.  They are on the sunporch that is now my studio. They do not say hip awesome art created here.  I'm not exactly sure what they say.  But they do say Hunter and that is a good thing.  I lived with them for 5 years.  Five long years of pretending they weren't hanging over my head EVERY day mocking me in their fruity way.

Please ignore the dust and just see the ugly fruit.

I don't like fruit on anything other than a plate when I'm about to eat it.  I certainly don't like it on fan blade arms. What about that  1980 blue plaid around the top?

So what's a girl to do?  Why get a can of spray paint in Oil Rubbed Bronze out and go to town.


I flipped the blades to the faux wood side since it was better than the white.  Painted everything and put it back together.


I'm not certain I love the faux wood look but I can't decide what would look better.  If you have any idea what would look better on the blades please let me know.  I do know that the fans look 100% better after being sprayed.

What have you used spray paint on to make it go from horrid to happy??

Love, Love, Kiss, Kiss!
SNM

 UndertheTableandDreaming

1 comment:

  1. That's a pfaltzgraff pattern.
    I have the plates with the blue sans the fruit.
    The fruit is creepy.

    ReplyDelete