Monday, January 2, 2012

How we rang in the new year

LB's parents have started an annual tradition where the whole family gets together to ring in the new year on Dauphin Island, Alabama.  If you've never been to Dauphin Island you should immediately plan to go.  It's not commercial like many of the populated Gulf barrier islands which some people don't like, but I think it is quite charming and we always have a good time on the island.  I think if LB and I were to move to the Gulf region we would want to live on Dauphin Island.  Not that there are any plans to move.  We'll be working on this house for a long time.  The rule is once a house is finished that's when you always end up moving.  I hate moving...  Sorry, I'll get back on topic now.

We met a new friend on the beach.

We took the kids to hunt shells and walk the beach.

There were shells or shell pieces everywhere.

The fog moved in on Saturday morning and didn't leave till Sunday.

The kids, including LB, played Skylanders on the Wii for hours.
 

 The whole family went to Bellingrath Gardens to see the lights.

 I got some of the light displays reflected in the water.

 I took this cool picture with the tree reflection in the water.

 We shot fireworks and played with sparklers.

 Pop Pop slept through the ball dropping in Times Square.

Sunday morning we all packed up and headed in several different directions.  The girls went to Dillards for their 50% off sale.  LB and his wingman played a final round of golf on the island.  Pop Pop went to check on the boat and Nana headed home with the Wii and the children.  Nana gets the saint award because she had the hardest job on Sunday.  We all regrouped at Nana and Pop's house for some black eyed peas, greens and cornbread before heading home.  It's always sad when family has to go their separate ways.  The girls tried their best to hold onto me so I couldn't leave but LB insisted and real life called.  It was a great start to 2012.

I have a little project using Annie Sloan Chalk Paint I started before Christmas that I plan on rolling out and working on later this week.  Hopefully I'll have pictures of the progress soon.

Hope 2012 started great for everyone!

Kiss, kiss, love, love!
SNM




No comments:

Post a Comment