Sunday, January 1, 2012

First day of the new year.

It's the first day of the new year and the first post in this new adventure of blogging.  I'm not one to make New Year's resolutions.  Somehow they always turn out different than I planned or I forget them completely and then disappointment sets in.  I don't think that is a good way to start off a new year.   I do like the fact that January the 1st is like a new clean slate.  It's a brand new year for new adventures and memories to make.  Life should be about what is to come and the joy it will bring.  Life is short and this isn't a dress rehearsal.  


I can't wait to document all that is to come.  I'm certain that there will be projects that turn out great and some that aren't so great but I plan to have fun along the way.  It all started with a simple sentence uttered to LB, the left brain husband, one night.  "I hate everything in this house."  He asked what I wanted to do about that and I sat down and told him.  We started working that night right after I finished talking.  There still is much to be done but we are having a ball doing it and I can't wait to share the fun.  


We have been married for 20 years and he's thankful I haven't smothered him in his sleep and I'm thankful he hasn't burned all my stuff in the backyard.  We are owned by two Chesapeake Bay Retrievers and one tyrant Min Pin.  It's our version of family and I love it.


Welcome to the story of a squiggle living in a square world.


Kiss, kiss, love, love!
SNM

No comments:

Post a Comment